Friday, April 13, 2012

2011 Captain Marvel Explains It All by Nate Cosby and Evan “Doc” Shaner

Click To Expand and Enlarge



Writer Nate Cosby and artist Evan “Doc” Shaner have a better handle on the Shazam characters than anybody who's done them at DC ever. Just click the link to read the entire strip, or try these "quotes" from Cosby's Tumbler!

If Nate Cosby Wrote Captain Marvel...
It’s not that I can’t be mean. I could cuss a bunch and kill all the bad guys and stuff. But…look, I can’t even drive yet. I don’t have a bank account. I can’t vote or drink and I haven’t been to college. I don’t understand everything. So until I do, I’m gonna use the power I’ve got to do the RIGHT thing. Call me a wussy if you want…I’m just a boy trying to be a good man.

The squares are the neatest. I’ve been to Apokalips and seen the monstrous fire pits. Sailed to the moon and actually touched the American flag, floated over Armstrong and Aldrin’s footprints. Almost (sorta) went to Heaven one time, shook hands with an angel. But my favorite thing, the neatest thing…I get to see almost every day. I fly up, then look down…And I see all these huge squares, this patchwork of different pieces of land. I never flew in a plane when I was little, never really thought about what my town or state looked like from above. I like it, it reminds me of how how small we are, and what a big difference we can make, even if we don’t know it. Or, I dunno…maybe I just like looking at squares.

Dude. I need, I SUPER-NEED you to stop saying stuff about magic to me. I’m not Harry flippin’ Potter. I get big and fly and punch a thing and then punch a thing again if the first punch didn’t work! Isn’t that “MAGIC” enough!?!?!? Want me to say “ta-da” while I do it!?


If Nate Cosby Wrote Doctor Sivana...
This is my Death Ray! Thought about changing that name a few times. Matter-Displacing Ray, World Conquering Ray, Ray Of Eternal Suffering, etc etc. But Death Ray! DEATH!!!! Really cuts to the heart of the matter, you know? DEATH RAY. Sorry, I’m rambling. This Death Ray’s really been such a labor of love…once you get me started, I go on a roll! Ha ha. Anyway. Name me ruler of America or I’ll kill you with my Death Ray, Mister President.

Evan “Doc” Shaner Day

No comments: